feeding the good
One of my favorite stories is of the Native American grandfather who was sitting with his grandson. The old man said, "I have two wolves in me. A good one and a bad one." The boy said, "Which one is going to win?" The old man said, "The one I feed."
Pope Francis named the truth behind this beautifully today as he spoke to Congress:
"We know that in the attempt to be freed of the enemy without, we can be tempted to feed the enemy within. To imitate the hatred and violence of tyrants and murderers is the best way to take their place."
He went on to call the voice of faith the voice of love "which tries to bring out the best in each person and in each society." That starts with each of us seeking to bring forth the best from within ourselves. That begins with truly valuing our desire to love and be loved. Being made in the image of God, that is our core, for God is Love.
More power to you in feeding the great in you and going after life from there!
Thanks for journeying together!
9/24/2015 06:16:14 pm
I've been taught that attention is the primary attribute of the soul, that whatever I attend to, what ever I focus most on, that I become. So attention to (feeding) the good wolf will allow him to thrive and neglecting (starving) the bad wolf will allow it to shrivel and die. I have that choice today and, having that choice, I am obligated to act upon it and cannot any longer absolve myself of responsibility. I've also been taught that predestination, karma, controls about 75% of my life, but the other 25% is in my hands. Choosing the focus of my attention, I believe, is where I have that 25% of free will.
6/3/2023 10:48:05 am
Great blog youu have here
Leave a Reply.